James B. Harris
Phone: (614) 464-2572
Fax: (614) 464-2245
Jim grew up in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, received his Undergraduate Degree from Wilkes College, Masters Degree from Villanova University and Law Degree from Capital University. Jim draws upon his 43 years of experience in construction, contracts, real estate and family law, as well as his stellar reputation among fellow attorneys and judges to resolve legal issues efficiently.
Clients enjoy his candor and value the constructive business and personal relationships he has built over the years. Jim's idea of "responsiveness" is simple, no e-mail or telephone call goes unanswered for 24 hours.
When faced with inflexibility or unreasonable resistance Jim is always prepared to aggressively fight to protect his client's interest. However, he believes strongly in attempting to arrive at a successful outcome without the expense of litigation. Fortunately, he is often able to accomplish a successful outcome without litigation as a result of his effective preparation, expertise and the sum of his life, legal and business experiences.
Outside of his law practice, Jim and his wife, Debbie, have two wonderful grown children well on their way to their own happy and successful lives. When Jim is not working you will find him spending time and vacationing with his family or dining with his friends.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Family Law
- Litigation and Trial Law
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Ohio, 1976
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1977
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- Honors: Chief Justice, Moot Court Board
- Wilkes College, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1972
- Major: English
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- M.S. - 1973
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell, 2006 - 2012
- Top Lawyer Columbus C.E.O, 2011 - 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Construction, Family Law Sections, 1976 - Present
- Columbus Bar Association, Construction, Family Law Sections, 1976 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Karam & Feinstein, Attorney, 1976 - 1978
- Harris, Moushey & Morand, Partner, 1978 - 1982
- Lucas, Prendergast, Albright, Gibson & Newman, Of Counsel, 1982 - 1987